Where can your annual compliance process save your company money?
After completion of a reputable tax provider’s property tax reduction analysis, JM Tax Advocates identified multiple strategies for our company to lower its property tax costs and to improve upon our historical tax incentive positions. We are now in a position to reallocate significant funds that were otherwise dedicated to paying our annual taxes and are now able to use them in other important strategic ways to help facilitate business growth and capital expansion. We appreciate JMTA’s efforts to improve our company’s bottom line profitability!
I appreciated the thoroughness of work, the integrity and the valuation results obtained. I would strongly recommend JMTA’s team for your company needs.
Meeting annual state property tax compliance filing requirements can be cumbersome and complicated. However, not doing so (or being unable to do so) can result in serious fines.
Don’t let propery tax compliance blindside your business. Let JM Tax Advocates and our experienced team of property tax specialists lend you our expertise by reviewing your filing requirements and helping you plan your filing options to avoid non compliance.
Our partership will ease the burden of your annual business property tax compliance responsibilities while offering tax efficiency planning during our engagements and add hours back to your day for other, more strategic areas of your job responsibilities.
JM Tax Advocates property tax compliance outsourcing process includes the following three-phase process:
Phase I – plan and review
- Initial review of historical personal property tax filings, tax abatement agreements, return reconciliation documents, and ongoing appeals to assist company with property tax records transition.
- Identification of potential areas of savings by location.
- Create annual filing, appeal, and tax bill payment calendar.
- Establish communication process and point of contact
- Review asset exports for historical account classification and location mapping
- Review other source documents
Phase II – complete returns, monitor assessments, and pursue opportunities
- Create draft returns for company review
- Track and monitor assessments by location.
- Review and monitor tax bills, investigate differences, and communicate payment approval with company contact.
- Provide appeal recommendations to company and file property tax assessment petitions for mutually agreed upon locations.
Phase III – determine impact of improved filings, appeals, and negotiations
- Assist company with annual property tax payment budgets and accruals
- Measure and communicate ongoing scorecard of results and opportunities by location.
Our effective outsourcing program is designed to transform a company’s reactive property tax management status to a one that is cost driven, proactive, and planning oriented.
We’ll help you maintain full compliance with jurisdictional filing requirements and avoid penalty and interest amounts for late return filings, payments, and “under-reporting” assessable property. Our goal is that your business pays the right amount of property tax – not a penny more or a penny less!
Stay ahead of property tax compliance with the help of JM Tax Advocates. Contact us today.