How much property taxes will your business overpay this year?
Engaging an experienced advocate that understands all elements of property taxation, including valuation, property accounting, and local protest procedural rules is essential for achieving maximum reduction results. Based upon our team’s substantial experience with commercial and industrial manufacturing properties, they are usually, about 80% of the time, paying inaccurate levels by as much as 10%-50%. The key for a successful result is to plan diligence and uncover any overages well prior to annual appeal or amendment deadlines. The deadlines are typically at various times of the year based upon local assessor practices of mailing their notices of reassessment.
Our review process includes the following steps:
- Assess initial real and personal property tax opportunities
- Compare assessment with market data analysis
- Identify and calendar statutory deadlines
- Implement findings through appeals or amendments
- Validate secured savings through property tax statement review